Natural light plays such an important role in our life. It not only helps our body to produce vitamin D and improve circadian rhythm but, it also benefits our mind by making us happier and less depressed. So, when you build a home or remodel it, you need to make sure each corner of your house is properly exposed to natural light. Installing energy efficient windows, doors and skylights will help let daylight in throughout your home and allow health benefits, comfort, and energy savings.
Studies say, windows, doors and skylights transfer a major amount of heat and can be responsible for 25%-30% of energy loss. So, in the near future, if you are planning a window replacement, buying new doors, or installing a skylight ensure you pick one with great energy efficiency.
Here are some extra benefits of these energy efficient windows, doors and skylights:
- They add attractive features to your home’s architecture that not only makes it look appealing but also spacious. The energy efficient skylights and energy efficient windows bring brightness to the room that makes it feel cheery and welcomes everyone in. This adds a great deal of re-sale value to your home as well.
- Their special coating effectively shields your home from both summer heat and winter chills. These windows or skylights are made of a kind of glass that increase the thermal performance that makes you enjoy your window seat even when the outside temperature is over 100 degrees. Plus, energy efficient doors prevent drafts and ensure you a warm stay during the winter.
- The unnecessary usage of artificial lights during the day, consumes a huge amount of electricity. You can drastically reduce your electricity bill by installing highly efficient skylights in your home. This method is going to save you a lot of money by allowing natural light to brighten your home during the daytime.
- Energy efficient skylights and energy efficient windows come with a UV film that protects your valuable carpets, drapes and furniture from fading or discoloration. Normally, the process is gradual; fabrics and photographs lose their coloring over time if damaged by UV rays. These energy efficient skylights and windows act as a sunscreen for your home and its valuables, reducing discoloration up to 75 percent.
- Not only will energy efficient windows, doors, and skylights be cost-effective by protecting valuables in your home, help your home look more inviting, and save you money on your electricity bills. But, they are also better for the environment. By using less energy, to heat and cool your home you help decrease power plant emissions and can make a lasting change to help the planet.
Since you know the benefits of energy efficient windows, doors, and skylights; selecting them is the next important step that you must consider. Though choosing anything that is energy efficient is the smart choice, you must also look for design, labelling, warranties and proper installation.
- First and foremost, you should check their Energy Star label. This label ensures that the product is highly energy efficient and offers value for money. You can also review its ratings by the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC), before making the purchase decision based on its performance.
- If you live in a colder climate, gas-filled windows with low-E coating will reduce heat loss. But, if you are from a warmer region, like Arizona, Texas, California or New Mexico select windows or skylights with coatings that provide a low solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC), as they help to reduce heat gain.
- U-factor indicates the rate of heat loss. Pick windows and skylights with lower U-factor, if you are looking for better thermal resistance and better insulating properties.
The Window Depot offers you the best energy efficient windows, doors and skylights, that meet all the aesthetic and physical needs of your home. So, if you are looking for cost-effective home improvement amenities in Tucson, Phoenix, El Paso, Albuquerque, or National City contact us today without further delay at 800-593-4740!